Wednesday 2 July 2014

Get the facts

Whenever an issue comes up that you are passionate about... make sure you look up the issue and learn the ins and outs of the entire thing. It's easy to believe the one or two liners that come out about the issue when they don't present the entire scenario.

I was really upset the other day because I saw the basic media coverage of something. It made it seem like a basic liberty and individual rights had been taken away because they view corporations as people... Well I am very opposed to corporations being treated like people when the main goal of business is profit (yes I believe there can be ethical businesses out there that give profit back to employees or the community, but it is very rare and you have to have money to play the business game). So I was outraged and ranting about it with several friends.. Then one friend asked me what was going on and I told them what I thought the whole thing was about. They start researching only to find out that the main thing I was mad about wasn't even a part of it.

Ughhhh all the wasted energy and negativity because I chose to make inferences. I still do not like what happened, but I understand it a little better from the other side now. The other side doesn't understand the hypocrisy of their actions and thoughts, and a corporation was still treated like a person .... BUT! I am not fuming anymore.   And now I can educate and discuss the topic accurately instead of spread lies like I was doing before.

Let's try to research something before we talk about it in order to relay accurate information and not cause an uproar over nothing. It's like taking a statement out of context... it's never good for anyone.


Simply Live in that you find beauty in truth.
Live Simply in that you never take something for face value.

Pro Veritate

Until next time,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment