Wednesday 11 June 2014

Change the World

For the first time in my life I feel that my dreams could actually be reality. While I am a dreamer, I also struggle with not letting cynicism bring me down. We are always hardest on ourselves... cut yourself a break! If you're trying your best and maintaining your values then you are three steps ahead... of whatever you're supposed to be ahead of. If we just start to believe in ourselves instead of allow ourselves to think we aren't good enough we could accomplish anything.

Change cannot occur if we just sit back and hold ourselves back. I realized that I am capable of putting things in motion. Even if things don't go as I plan the worst thing I could do is not even try. I have good ideas that match other people's ideas I'm sure. We just need to come together for a cause and start leading.

The power within leadership and using your voice is not one to be overlooked or undervalued. Your voice can be heard... the only person that can stifle it is yourself. I'm tired of sitting back and thinking that I have to conform to the way things are. I don't like this material, negative society that I am living in. So I am going to change it.

The emphasis should be on relationships, exploration- of the world, the earth, and ourselves, finding the good in the day-to-day. Between work, the news, expectations, politics, religion, etc. I just feel bombarded and weighed down. Because I care deeply about people and issues I don't want the things that vary person to person to be my sole priority. I want to focus on things that build up instead of tear down. I want to connect with Mother Nature and experience that lies in each and every day.

That is what simply living is... and in order to do this we must live simply. Shed all of the waste. Let go of all of the negativity. Just take a deep breath and find the beauty that surrounds you.

May you have a wonderful, thoughtful work week and relaxing weekend.

Peace and love,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment